Let the Game Challenge Begin!
Our first annual Indie Developer Game Challenge is officially kicking off and the theme is:
That’s it! The theme is that picture – interpret and create your game accordingly. In case you missed it, here are the rules for this year’s challenge:
- Each game must be made in LESS than seven days
- Each game must be based around the competition theme (the picture above)
- All entries must be submitted no later than 11:59pm (EST) on the 17th of June.
- Each game must be playable on PC, Mac or browsers (no mobile games)
- Each game will be made freely available on this website
- Judging will run from June 18th to June 22nd, and will be open to the public, with the winner being announced on IndieGamesDay.com on International Indie Games Day (June 23rd).
- The winner will receive a cash prize of at least $250 (stay tuned for more info on prizes)
- All games and intellectual property stays with the developer
- The Indie Game Magazine reserves the right to offer these games for free on the website IndieGamesDay.com for the public to download them and judge them.
- The Indie Game Magazine will inform all affected developers if further usage of the game is planned
If you’re interested in participating, all you need to do is start making your game and when you’re done, click on the big Enter Contest button below or visit http://indiegamesday.submishmash.com/submit. Please include your name, game title, a short game description, website link and a sentence about how the game relates to the theme in your submission.
After submitting your game you will receive a confirmation email that everything uploaded ok, but keep an eye out for a 2nd email that confirms that we have everything that we need to post the game on the website for voting. If you intend to submit a game, it’s really helpful if you sign-up here as well: