We need a ton of awesome indie games to help celebrate Indie Games Day so we are organizing a 7 Day Developers Challenge. A theme will be announced near the end of May and developers will have a few weeks to submit their games. This will be followed by seven days where the public is invited to download the games and vote on their favorites. On the 23rd of June (International Indie Games Day) the winner will be announced and his/her/their prize will be awarded. The details are as follows…
- Each game must be made in less than seven days
- Each game must be based around the competition theme
- Sign-Up will begin on March 30th
- After sign-up is complete, the developer/development team will gain access to the FTP drop location so that they can place the finished product on our servers.
- All entries must be submitted no later than 11:59pm (EST) on the 17th of June.
- To keep everything fair, all entries with a time stamp after that time will not be accepted, so please leave a little time to deal with any network issues.
- Each game must be playable on PC, Mac or browsers (no mobile games)
- Each game will be made freely available on this website
- Judging will run from June 18th to June 22nd, and will be open to the public, with the winner being announced on IndieGamesDay.com on International Indie Games Day (June 23rd).
- All games and intellectual property stays with the developer
- The Indie Game Magazine reserves the right to offer these games for free on the website IndieGamesDay.com for the public to download them and judge them.
- The Indie Game Magazine will inform all effected developers if further usage of the game is planned.
If you are interested in taking part, use the contact form below to let us know! If you just have questions, check out our FAQ and if the answer isn’t there, then drop us a message with the form below.